Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Gimme S'More

lot has happened these past couple of days. I have taken everything I learned from last week's food safety training class and applied it to the license application. Soon after organizing a list of 'to-do's', my hubby and his two brothers installed a much needed handwashing sink. They had to run a series of piping from the main compartment sink. It didn't take them long to complete, but it sure was a lot of work. Meanwhile, I rearranged everything! It was so tough on my back and really consuming of my time, but hey it's for my business. What has to be done will be done.

Yesterday, my sister-in-law, Jessica, came by to help me put recipes to paper. Have you ever noticed that it's easier to automatically dial a phone number than recite it out loud from memory. That was me yesterday. Baking the recipe from memory sure is easier than jotting it down on a scrap piece of paper. Somehow she managed to read through multiple levels of chicken scratch and scribble. 5 hours she put in last night, plus another 6 today. That's committment.

I met with Las Cruces' most talented illustrator/artist this evening about logo design for CCAD. I couldn't let him leave without a taste. So, I baked a smore cupcake, complete with a graham cracker crust, chocolate cream cheese fudge, a hershey square, marshmallow and graham cracker on top! He asked for seconds. Is that a good sign? ;) His name is Jason Salas, creator of Perk At Work, an online comic. Check out his website sometime at http://perkatworkcomic.com/. It has a little something for everyone. We discussed the look that I'm going for, plus colors to incorporate and those to stay away from. This isn't going to be your typical cupcake logo. I'm excited to see it, tweak it, then present it to  you...my future Cupcakes After Dark eaters!

Thanks for reading - I'll see you after dark,

~gricel




No comments:

Post a Comment